STFU and GBTW
Nov. 28th, 2006 11:36 amOk, this has been going on for quite some time now but I feel absolutely COMPELLED to make an entry about it now.
Here's the deal: my work has been working on implementing this new info storage software that's going to bring a lot of the work that we get done by other companies in house. Fair enough. So, be that as it may, my office has allowed these subcontractors to come in and set up shop in the training room across from my desk. Fair enough again. I have no beef with this; they're nice people.
Until they get on the phone at full volume and start yelling at their kids.
Seriously, at least two of them, if not three out of the four start getting on the phones and reprimanding their kids for one thing or another. This one chicks son, Hunter, apparently doesnt like to listen to her and takes her car out to go visit his girlfriend Katherine, whom apparently this chick does like.
Do you SEE a problem with this? Lemme 'splain; I should not know this much about their lives. I do not want to know that this guy is finding serious hardcore porn on his sons computer, or that he told his son that he doesn't mind it but that his mother would kill him if she found it. I don't need to know that the wife has to go to the doctor so one of their kids has to take a taxi to get to ice hockey practice.
Seriously, this shit is burned into my memory! How much are we paying these bozos to sit around and make personal phone calls while they make shitty software?
Today's sampling: "He missed the last two periods and he better have an explanation for it...." or "I might consider writing Dr. Greenland a note...but we need to get to the bottom of this"
WTF?! *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* Hey, dude-who-shall-not-be-named? STFU and GBTW!
In other news, I just found out that a friend of mine whom I adore but had lost touch with after college works 2 blocks up from me! I'm having lunch with him today! Huzzah!!
Here's the deal: my work has been working on implementing this new info storage software that's going to bring a lot of the work that we get done by other companies in house. Fair enough. So, be that as it may, my office has allowed these subcontractors to come in and set up shop in the training room across from my desk. Fair enough again. I have no beef with this; they're nice people.
Until they get on the phone at full volume and start yelling at their kids.
Seriously, at least two of them, if not three out of the four start getting on the phones and reprimanding their kids for one thing or another. This one chicks son, Hunter, apparently doesnt like to listen to her and takes her car out to go visit his girlfriend Katherine, whom apparently this chick does like.
Do you SEE a problem with this? Lemme 'splain; I should not know this much about their lives. I do not want to know that this guy is finding serious hardcore porn on his sons computer, or that he told his son that he doesn't mind it but that his mother would kill him if she found it. I don't need to know that the wife has to go to the doctor so one of their kids has to take a taxi to get to ice hockey practice.
Seriously, this shit is burned into my memory! How much are we paying these bozos to sit around and make personal phone calls while they make shitty software?
Today's sampling: "He missed the last two periods and he better have an explanation for it...." or "I might consider writing Dr. Greenland a note...but we need to get to the bottom of this"
WTF?! *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* Hey, dude-who-shall-not-be-named? STFU and GBTW!
In other news, I just found out that a friend of mine whom I adore but had lost touch with after college works 2 blocks up from me! I'm having lunch with him today! Huzzah!!
no subject
Date: 2006-11-29 04:49 am (UTC)